About Me

My photo
My Freelance Work include: Helping WHNT Channel 19 with Election Returns in Tuscumbia, Al; March 2012, Worked with Alabama Public Radio I’m with Phil documentary coverage Florence, Al; March 2012, Represented Alabama Public Radio at the George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, Al; March 2012, Worked with Alabama Public Radio on Phil Campbell high School Band coverage in Florence, Al; March 2012, and the Videographer for the Black Student Alliance Organization Fashion Show in Florence, Al; April 2012

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

THE INTERNET IS RUNNING OUT OF ADDRESSES!!!

From NPR News, All Things Considered; All Tech Considered. (Podcast)

Can we live with out the Internet? Why does it feel like every time something happens we find out the reason behind it is because they have wanted to improve it. the saying says; some of the wost things that happen start out with good intentions. In the works is so many new devices that will require the internet in order to function well. In this day in age we have to be around the internet 24/7. In my media class, our teacher described to us how our faces light up when we come into the classroom and sit at the computers.

Oh No...The internet has ran out of I.P address. Is this the end of the internet as we know it? I.P (Internet Protocol)addresses is the code that your computer and any other device that uses the internet, this means that new devices that are in need of the internet will not be able to connect. Bummer! Currently the last I.P address was given out.

Don't panic Help is on the way. There i another system that is currently another system that I.P.V6 has more I.P address, it has 340 with 36 zero's after the hard part is not counting that high its handing them out. The I.T people are the ones that are going to be spending lots of money on deciding how to hand out the new address which will include up grades. Like everything it is going to have its problems, such websites will be slow meaning that it will have to read it from I.P.V4 then to I.P.V6.



Check out this link to hear the podcast for your self!

What happened to all the I.P. addresses?

Until Next Time,
Elle :)

4 comments:

  1. It's funny that you explore this topic because the other day in my Consumer's class we were talking about this. GoDADDY.com has help spread the word about how url's are becoming overcrowded and that a new domain registar is currently being created so that .com and .org aren't getting overly used. The new one is .co so we'll see how helpful this new thing will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that people won't let this stand. There's so much that they can do to clear up some ip space. If it comes down to it, they'll have to upgrade, thehy would habe no choice/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the Internet break down, people won't let it go. Because we can not live without it. It plays a key role in our life. we have to upgrade the system to fix it to the normal path. We do not have to worry about that.I am glad that you have post this on your blog. Because that is what I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the world will not let the internet break down or run out of any addresses because so much money is tided into website, and online shopping. But it is a great topic to discuss. Sooner or later as the world keeps becoming more high tech they are going to have to do something to expand the internet.

    ReplyDelete