About Me

My photo
My Freelance Work include: Helping WHNT Channel 19 with Election Returns in Tuscumbia, Al; March 2012, Worked with Alabama Public Radio I’m with Phil documentary coverage Florence, Al; March 2012, Represented Alabama Public Radio at the George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, Al; March 2012, Worked with Alabama Public Radio on Phil Campbell high School Band coverage in Florence, Al; March 2012, and the Videographer for the Black Student Alliance Organization Fashion Show in Florence, Al; April 2012

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cars, Trucks, and Buses…”OH MY”


Being a college student, I think that the second thing that is on every student and professors mind is, “Where am I going to park today”. One of the major problems at the University of North Alabama is the parking. There just are not enough parking spots for the number of students that attend this University. The University of North Alabama is planning to implement new bus routes in the fall to make getting to class a whole lot easier. The routes will be extended to surrounding parking complexes.
As a student myself who does have a car and lives on campus I find it to be a headache to look for parking spots. I usually walk to class but if I have an appointment right after class why not drive to class and just leave from there. I understand the commuters have to have a place to park but sometimes you just cannot help everybody. No matter what you will please one party and anger the other one.
I ride the bus every now and then and find that it is easy on the “calf muscles” especially when you have to walk up hills to get to where you are going. When I ride the bus I am on time to class and sometimes have time to prepare for the class ahead of time. I that this is a good idea and many students should use the new bus routes, especially since it is costing money which I think will be coming out of tuition. Everything that UNA has to offer, I am going to try and use it just to get my monies worth.



Check out this link from the Flor-Ala

Until Next Time,
Elle

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate that you offer me a new route of bus. At the beginning, I usually take the bus to go to shopping mall or Walmart on Saturday. It is free for us. I remembered I went to the Wellsfargo, the bus picked me up on the way of coming back to university. I am grateful about it. Because, at that time, I fell so tired and I cannot walk any more, especially in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no parking at UNA! I agree with you on this blog Lauren. Do you like riding the bus? I have riding it before just to see if it was convenient, but I would just rather walk if I have to instead of waiting on the bus. I think that the bus is a good idea I just wish it went to different places. If the buses went to apartment complexes where UNA students live like: courtyard or ivy green. I bet many more students would ride it. I know that in Auburn they send buses to trailer parks for students to ride. I think UNA should do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parking is a complete hassle! Especially sometimes in the communications parking lot. The amount of times they reserved that parking lot on schooldays and do not allow students to park in certain areas of it is outrageous. Luckily for me though my classes are early and am very much able to get a parking spot. But if you are not on campus by 10 you are basically out of luck! It is a good thing though that the University is looking to try and better the situation because something has got to change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very pleasant to hear that the bus system is getting modified and improved. This system is very helpful specially to those students with walking disabilities etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parking at UNA is definitely awful!! It often makes me late regardless of how early I leave my apartment, and I usually have ot leave at least fifteen minutes early to get there on time. I agree with the bus discussion, they would save everyone time and make room for those who have to drive to classes. Great post!

    ReplyDelete